Monday, November 06, 2006

The race is on

A curious development has occured in the CD5 race - a "spoof" website of Tammy Lee's appeared which copied her content and modified by "satirical" underthought, imagining Lee is playing a race card to win over Ellison.
http://www.tammyleeforcongress.com/ Real
http://www.trailblz.info/leetammy/hatesite/hatesite.htm Spoof

It's now been changed to say "This pag is political satire and not connected to Tammy Lee for congress"

I only found out through an outraged email from the Tammy Lee campaign. I just can't be quite as outraged because I've had my own wonderings ... not that Tammy herself even necessarily has any racial motives, but more the issue whether a public endorsement for Lee over Ellison.

I don't it seems fully lost to even ask the question. On one side, if I were a candidate and was endorsed by someone who has expressed racial slurs or stereotypes, I'd not be comfortable to accept that.

I don't like the satire, and it's not even me being attacked. I don't know if it is slanderous or libel. I mean sure, it's implying things which may be true, or false, or just some hint at truth. Sometimes the best lies are half truths. Sometimes half-truths are still truths worth looking at.

It is strange that a strong front runner would need "attack dogs" to make such websites against his opponents. It is tricky, how to compete "nicely", how to leave open the doors for reconciliation when the election is done.

I thought Alan Fine's attacks on Ellison were over the top, and even if he had valid points they were lost in a failure to respect Ellison as a person capable of evaluating his own strengths and weaknesses and moving forward.

Most of all the whole mess just does turn me away from wanting to vote, not that it would turn me away. I expect Ellison will win, despite my vote for Lee. I believe Ellison to be sincere and thoughtful and capable, at least as much as Lee.

Am I a racist? I've looked into my feelings and I can see I'm more of a culturalist than racist, so it is harder for me to support someone with a background and style very different from me - now specifically talking against relating to much of black culture, the slangs and in-your-face attitude, the rap and anger. Perhaps Ellison can live comfortably in that atmosphere, but he also seems to live in mine as well - so I respect him as a communicator and leader who can bring people together.

Is satire acceptable like the website above? I don't know. I expect so. I'd let it go.

4 Comments:

Blogger DavidD said...

http://lloydletta.blogspot.com/2006/10/few-of-many-reasons-why-cd5-residents.html

4:44 PM  
Blogger Nulavance uk Anti-Aging Cream For Attractive Beauty said...

Andropause is a condition in men that is practically the same with menopause in ladies. It is a condition that influences zynev maturing men that is normally connected with their sexual wellbeing. There are various items that have been detailed to address the issue of male sexual wellbeing.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Nulavance uk Anti-Aging Cream For Attractive Beauty said...

Not just does Zynev increment the sexual capacities of men who take it, it additionally supports their general stamina. This is most discernibly found in men who take Zynev and all of a sudden discover their execution at the rec center making strides. Clients likewise see that they have more zynev vitality and more concentration, making everyday life a great deal more enjoyable.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Nulavance uk Anti-Aging Cream For Attractive Beauty said...

Remembering every one of these issues, the advantages of Tongkat Ali line up flawlessly with the reactions of low testosterone. Tongkat Ali is known for expanding continuance levels and expanding blood stream, which zynev can help in any erectile issues. The root is additionally known for expanding bone thickness and bulk, making muscle look more toned.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home