Thursday, March 16, 2006

ANWR quest for oil


I heard another showdown is expected over ANWR drilling for oil.

I found a cool graph that extrapolates ANWR versus next 45 years of expected demand in the U.S.

Of course the purpose of the graph is to show ANWR has nothing ultimately to offer us, a drop in an ocean of demand, not the world is going to have 13.5 billion barrels of oil for us to squander in 2050.

I can't be a good environmentalist and fight for pristine nature WHILE we are funding terrorists and many worse polluters in the global market.

SO my "compromise" is to say "Fine, let's prepare for drilling in ANWR, better make a good deal now rather than wait until the political climate gets even more panicked over energy. BUT, if we're going to drill, THEN we must also conserve. I'd demand a large fuel tax in exchange for increased drilling in order to encourage conservation. FURTHER, I'd offer a regulation chart which PROJECTS demand and raises taxes in proportion to excessive demand to the desired levels, so just like the Federal reserve raises interest rates to prevent inflation, let the gas tax rise and fall in proportion to our needs to "cool" the energy consumption."

Well, I'll see if I can get some more graphs. I'm not satisified since this graph is already unrealistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home