Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Just a taste of Nature's Power

While I anxiously wait for the Friday landfall of Hurricane Rita (Rising to 165mph winds today) in Texas, Minnesota and the Twin Cities gets our own little weather power to suggest we're not as safe as I would pretend.

Power off at home (at work now), and apparently a backyard spruce cracked off at the top according to my dad who stopped by my house tonight (in the dark).

Strong winds at my girlfriend's house in Crystal, claimed 68mph winds - doesn't sound that bad compared to 100+mph winds of Rita.

I'll stay at work a little longer, and perhaps it'll dry off enough to bike home in a few hours. I do wonder about my poor spruce tree. :(

Mother Nature, love her, hate her, she don't care. She wants respect though... I shall!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home